The Best Company for Your Dedicated Freight Shipping Needs
Looking for a dedicated Freight Shipping? Value Truck is the best company for this and let us tell you why.
Transporting your business’ goods is an important part of keeping your operation running smoothly.
You need a shipping company you can rely on to get your products where they need to go on time, every time — and having a dedicated lane for your shipments can save your business more time and more money.
If you’re located in Texas, California, Arizona, or Mexico, Value Truck is the best company for your dedicated lane shipping needs. Find out more on why Value Truck is your ideal choice, and we’ll also cover other things you need to know about dedicated freight shipping.
What Is a Dedicated Lane?
Dedicated freight shipping is a kind of logistic arrangement where a carrier agrees with a shipper to haul dedicated freight.
Shipping via a dedicated lane means having a whole truck or container to yourself. This allows you to have more control over your shipping schedule and ensures your goods will arrive on time.
Dedicated freight shipping are ideal for businesses that need to ship large or sensitive shipments, as well as those with time-sensitive products. Dedicated freight Shipping via a dedicated lane also allows you to avoid potential delays that can occur when shipping on a shared truck or container.
Dedicated Freight Shipping vs. Spot Freight Shipping
Dedicated freight shipping should not be confused with spot freight shipping. Spot freight is where a shipper pays for space on a truck that’s already heading to their destination, but the truck isn’t dedicated to them alone.
With spot freight shipping, your shipment may need to be unloaded and reloaded onto another truck if the first truck isn’t going all the way to your destination. This can cause delays and is not ideal for time-sensitive shipments.
Dedicated freight shipping, on the other hand, ensures your goods are shipped on a truck that’s dedicated to you alone. Your shipment won’t need to be unloaded and reloaded onto another truck, which means there’s less risk of delays.
The Importance of Having Dedicated Lanes for Your Freight
Dedicated freight shipping is the most efficient way to ship if you have large quantities of product or if you need guaranteed transit times.
As we mentioned, dedicated lanes allow you to have more control over your shipping schedule and ensure your goods will arrive on time. This is because you’re not sharing truck space with other shippers, so there’s no risk of delays due to other shipments being delayed or held up.
Additionally, having a dedicated freight shipping lane can save your business money. This is because you’re not paying for extra space that you don’t need, as you would with a shared truck or container.
Finally, shipping via dedicated lanes is the best way to transport sensitive or time-sensitive shipments. Your goods will have their own space on the truck and won’t be jostled around or delayed by other shipments.
What Kinds of Freight Are Ideal for Dedicated Lanes?
If you’re wondering whether your freight is a good fit for dedicated freight shipping, here are some examples of the types of shipments that are typically shipped via dedicated lanes:
- Large shipments: If you’re shipping a large quantity of product, you’ll want to ship via a dedicated lane to avoid paying for extra space. Some examples include furniture, appliances, and large orders of retail goods.
- Sensitive shipments: If you’re shipping products that are delicate or sensitive, you’ll want to ship via a dedicated lane to avoid damage. Some examples include electronics, glass products, and medical supplies.
- Time-sensitive shipments: If you need your shipment to arrive by a certain date, you’ll want to ship via a dedicated lane. Some examples include perishables like food and beverages and time-sensitive retail goods.
How Much Does Dedicated Freight Shipping Cost?
The cost of dedicated freight shipping will vary depending on a number of factors, including the type and quantity of goods being shipped, the distance, and the shipping method:
- Type and quantity of goods: Certain types of goods require special handling or are more difficult to ship. For example, large or delicate items will typically cost more to ship than smaller items.
- Distance: The distance the shipment is traveling will also affect the cost of dedicated freight shipping. Longer distances will typically cost more to ship than shorter distances.
- Shipping method: The type of shipping method you choose will also affect the cost of dedicated freight shipping. For example, shipping via airfreight will typically cost more than shipping via ground transportation.
To get accurate pricing for your shipment, we recommend getting a free quotation from trucking companies like Value Truck. This will allow you to compare quotes from different carriers and choose the option that’s best for your needs.
Getting Started with Dedicated Freight Shipping
Can I Make Extra Money Hauling Dedicated Freight Shipping?
If you’re a truck driver, you can make extra money by hauling dedicated freight shipping. Several carriers are willing to pay more for dedicated lanes since they offer guaranteed transit times and less risk of delays.
To find dedicated freight lanes, we recommend using a load board like the one offered by Value Truck. This will allow you to search for and find available lanes that fit your truck’s specifications.
How Much Can I Potentially Earn with Dedicated Lane Freight Shipping?
The amount you can earn with dedicated lane freight shipping will vary depending on a number of factors, including the type and quantity of goods being shipped, the distance, and the shipping method.
If you work with a trucking company, you’ll typically be paid a per-mile rate for your services. This rate will vary depending on the company you work for, but it’s typically between $0.28 and $0.40 per mile.
However, if you’re an owner-operator, you have the potential to earn much more. This is because you’ll be responsible for all of the costs associated with shipping, including fuel prices, maintenance, and insurance. But if you’re able to keep your costs low, you can potentially earn a higher profit margin.
If you’re interested in becoming an owner-operator, we recommend contacting a carrier like Value Truck. We can help you get started and provide you with the resources you need to be successful.
What Do I Need to Get Started with Dedicated Freight Shipping?
If you’re new to dedicated freight shipping, there are a few things you’ll need to get started:
- A valid driver’s license: This is the most important and most basic requirement for dedicated freight shipping. Without a valid driver’s license, you won’t be able to drive the truck or haul the freight.
- A truck that meets the requirements for the lane you’re hauling: Each lane has different requirements, so be sure to check the carrier’s specifications before you apply. If you don’t have a truck that meets the requirements for the lane you’re hauling, you can always lease one from a carrier. This is a great option if you’re just starting out or don’t have the capital to purchase a truck outright.
- A load board: A load board like the one offered by Value Truck is a great way to find and apply for dedicated lanes. You will also have the added benefit of getting the latest job alert if you’re part of our network.
- A carrier: You’ll need to choose a reputable and trusted carrier that offers the lanes you’re interested in hauling.
- The proper insurance coverage: Make sure you have the proper insurance coverage for the type of goods you’ll be shipping.
- The appropriate permits and licenses: Depending on the type of goods you’re shipping, you may need additional permits or licenses. For example, if you’re shipping hazardous materials, you’ll need to have a hazmat license. In Texas, all carriers must have a Transportation Network Company (TNC) permit.
If you’re not sure where to start, Value Truck can help you find the perfect lane for your truck. Value Truck also offers both truck leasing and financing options to help you get started.
How Many Trucks Do I Need for a Dedicated Fleet?
The number of trucks you’ll need for a dedicated fleet will depend on the lanes you’re hauling and the frequency with which you want to run them.
For example, if you’re hauling a lane that requires two trucks, you’ll need at least two trucks in your fleet. And if you want to run the lane weekly, you’ll need at least four trucks (two to run the lane and two to rest).
If you’re not sure how many trucks you need for your dedicated fleet, we recommend contacting a carrier like Value Truck. We can help you determine the right number of trucks for your needs.
How Do I Find Dedicated Freight Shipping Jobs?
If you’re looking for dedicated freight shipping jobs, the best place to start is with a load board. A load board is an online platform that connects carriers with shippers.
Value Truck offers a free load board that makes it easy to find and apply for dedicated lanes. Our load board includes lanes from all over the country, so you can find the perfect lane for your truck.
When you find a lane you’re interested in, simply click the “Apply” button and fill out the application. Once you’ve been approved, you’ll be able to view the shipper’s contact information and load details.
Why Value Truck Is the Best Company for Your Dedicated Lane Shipping Needs
Value Truck is the best company for your dedicated lane shipping needs because we offer a wide variety of lanes, competitive rates, and superior customer service.
We have dedicated lanes all over the country and even outside of the US:
Our team of load coordinators will also work with you to find the right shipper for your load.
In addition, we offer competitive rates that are based on the lanes you’re hauling. And our commitment to customer service and driver satisfaction means you can always expect a hassle-free experience when you ship with Value Truck.
What Are the Benefits of Partnering with Value Truck?
There are many benefits to partnering with Value Truck for your freight shipping, including:
- Access to our free load board: Our load board makes it easy to find and apply for dedicated lanes.
- Competitive pay: We offer competitive pay rates for all of our lanes. We also provide sign on bonus benefits for new drivers.
- Flexible scheduling: You can choose the days and times you want to run, so you can always be home when you need to be. You can choose between day and night positions, and you are entitled to weekend premium pay if you like to work more hours or if weekends work best for your schedule.
- Large fleet network: We have a large fleet of trucks and trailers, so we can accommodate your shipping needs no matter how big or small they may be.
- Variety of trucking options: We offer both truck leasing and financing options to help you get started with dedicated freight shipping.
- Regularly updated job ads: We regularly post new job ads on our website, so you can always be the first to apply for the latest positions.
- Support: Our team is here to support you every step of the way. We’ll help you find lanes, get started with shipping, and answer any questions you have along the way.
If you’re interested in partnering with Value Truck for your freight shipping needs, contact us today. We’ll be happy to answer any of your questions and get you started with shipping.
Value Truck for Your Dedicated Lane Freight Shipping
When it comes to shipping your freight, dedicated lanes are often the best option. They offer many benefits, including guaranteed transit times, cost savings, and increased control over your shipping schedule.
If you live in Texas, California, Arizona, or even in Mexico, Value Truck is the best company for all your dedicated lane shipping and trucking needs. We also offer many other freight shipping services, such as:
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you with your freight shipping needs!